One of the best ways to attract new customers or clients to your business is by creating helpful video content. You are the expert in your business and creating how to and informative videos is a great way to show potential clients that you know your stuff. By doing so, it will increase your chances of converting those leads into clients and also getting your video content share which can lead to more leads.
If you want to take this further, you should make revenue directly from those videos using video ads. YouTube magnetization makes this easy. Assuming you already have a YouTube account and have already uploaded videos to your channel, here are the step by step ways of monetizing your video. Make sure you have 100% right of the video. This includes all the content and the music used in the video. YouTube will flag your video if you don’t have full ownership.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under “Monetization,” click Enable. You’ll only see this option if your account hasn’t been disabled for monetization.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube monetization agreement.
- You can now click monetize videos and monetize all your videos or go to video manager and monetize videos individually, which is recommended. If a video has copyright claims, you will see that here and you will see it won’t be monetized.
While looking at each video under you video manager tab, you have to decide what ad options work best for you. The video on the bottom of the page goes deeper into add options. You can choose as many as you like. Here is the screen grab of the ad options under each video.
Once you are here, you will need to set up an Ad Sense account if you don’t have one. That’s how YouTube pays you. Follow the steps below to setup the account.
As far as how much money you can earn from your ads in YouTube, it will all depend on engagement and ad clicks. Based on my experience, you will earn anywhere between .002 or .005 cents per view. It may not seem like much, but it can add up to several hundred dollars per video if you get hundreds of thousands of views.
So make sure you create engaging videos that lot of people can benefit from. If you think you need to hire a video production company to help you, look around online and try to do a few in-house. Your first goal should be created these videos to show your potential customers your expertise which will lead to sales. Ad revenue is just the additional benefit that can lead to real profit as well if you create an impressive library.